1. How many miles of PVC sewer pipe is being used?
Over 1 million miles of PVC sewer pipe is in service in the United States, and growing every year.
2. If my existing system is Ductile Iron, could I replace it with PVC?
Absolutely! PVC can replace existing Ductile Iron systems because the outside diameter is the same. Therefore fittings, valves and other appurtenances will fit and are readily available.
3. How long does PVC pipe last?
PVC pipe has a life expectancy of over 100 years, according to research done by Utah State University and other surveys.
4. How does the cost of PVC compare to other products?
It can be substantially lower than older technologies. When you consider the cost of installation and its very low maintenance costs, the advantages are multiplied.
5. Why is pipe manufactured in different colors?
Generally, utilities want their critical underground assets to be identifiable when uncovered. Typically utilities prefer blue water pipe, green sewer pipe and purple reuse pipe. Unlike many products, PVC can be colored during manufacture.